Northern Taekwon-Do Academy
A sport activity for the whole family
Ask about our Taekwon-do Kids Program for small children 4-6 years of age.
Taekwon-Do is a version of unarmed combat designed for the purpose of self-defence. It is the scientific use of the body in the method of self-defence, gaining ultimate use of its facilities through intensive physical and mental training. Taekwon-Do is a very effective and spectacular marital art which is an integral part of Korean society. Taekwon-Do was introduced to the world April 11, 1955 by founder, General Hong Hi of Korea .
“Tae” to jump or to fly, to kick or smash with the foot
“Kwon” denotes the fist, chiefly to punch or destroy with the hand or fist.
“Do” means the way or art
Taekwon-Do for Children
* Teaches children to focus and concentrate, which improves their school grades
* Better co-ordination, balance and agility that will help them in other activities
* Self confidence that will help them make the right decisions * Self discipline by directing your child’s energy into positive actions
* Personal attention enabling your child to progress at a steady rate
* Structured programs that give your child reachable goals
* The ability to protect ones self
Taekwon-Do for Teens & Adults
Offers the opportunity to participate in a sport controlled environment, helps to become better physically conditioned as well as achieve goals never dreamed possible.
Your physical training in Taekwon-Do will involve:
* Cardiovascular and flexibility exercises
* Toning and strengthening of muscles
* Enhance conditioning, agility, coordination and grace
* Increases endurance, lowers heart rate, aid in weight reduction
* Provide a means of self-defense
* Build a sound body and mind
* Help release stress and tension
Instruction and training program
All training programs for Northern Taekwon-Do Academy schools have been formulated by 7h Degree Master Michael Barker.
Our Northern Taekwon-do Academy school follows a systematic program designed to achieve maximum results in the shortest time without sacrificing quality.
Progressing from white to black belt can vary from 3 to 5 years. Anyone can attain a black belt, regardless of age, sex, but must be prepared to commit some time in training in order to achieve that level. The most important aspect of training is not necessarily the best acquisition but the personal growth and satisfaction of making progress at a comfortable pace without injuries. Anyone is more than welcome to participate in any of the training programs.
Please feel free to book an appointment for you or your child on out “Book an Appointment” link